COCIR- SUSTAINABLE COMPETENCE IN ADVANCING HEALTHCARE
European Coordination Committee of Radiological, Electronical and Healthcare IT Industry
COCIR (www.cocir.org) is the European Trade Association representing the medical imaging, health ICT and electromedical industries. Founded in 1959, COCIR is a non-profit association headquartered in Brussels (Belgium) with a China Desk based in Beijing since 2007.COCIR is unique as it brings together the healthcare, IT and telecommunications industries.Our focus is to open markets for COCIR members in Europe and beyond. We provide a wide range of services on regulatory, technical, market intelligence, environmental, standardisation, international and legal affairs.COCIR is also a founding member of DITTA, the Global Diagnostic Imaging, Healthcare IT and Radiation Therapy Trade Association (globalditta.org).
Vision & Mission: A Better World with Improved Access to Affordable, Safe and Quality Healthcare
COCIR promotes harmonisation of regulatory frameworks, supported by state-of-the-art international standards.
Our industry provides safe and high quality products and services, which contribute to reducing health inequalities and enhance cost efficiency in healthcare systems.
COCIR's key objective is to promote free worldwide trade of innovative medical technology while maintaining the competitiveness of the European medical imaging, electromedical and health ICT industries.
- Provide COCIR's members with competence towards policy makers in Europe and outside
- Contribute to sustainability of healthcare systems through integrated care approach
- Promote Research and Innovation as a key enabler for economic growth
- Drive global regulatory convergence (Registered once, Accepted everywhere)
- Optimise the use of International standards
- Push for national and regional deployment (eHealth)
- Pro-active in Green Techology (Eco-Design)