IN COOPERATION WITH:
EUROPEAN INNOVATION PARTNERSHIP ON ACTIVE AND HEALTHY AGEING
DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION OF HEALTH AND CARE
– THE VOICE OF STAKEHOLDERS
The fourth annual COCIR eHealth Summit took place on 6 December 2017 in Brussels in cooperation with the European Innovation Partnership on Active and Healthy Ageing, and in partnership with the International Foundation for Integrated Care and the Integrated Care Alliance.
This year, over a hundred high level speakers and participants shared their insights on the challenges and opportunities of the digital transformation of health and care systems.
The main Summit take-aways were:
- Scaling up the digital transformation of health and care requires stronger political leadership and engagement with civil society.
- Data is the new blood. It will help to advance scientific, medical research and personalized medicine. Interoperability also remains a major challenge for effective health data sharing.
- Citizens in Europe have the right to access their health data, and yet most often this is not the case. There is a need to build health systems with a real patient-centred approach.
- In terms of consent and data sharing, citizens want choice and need to trust on how their data will be used and shared through secure systems.
To learn more, click here to access Summit highlights and presentations.
More video interviews now available
SPREAD THE WORD!